Aims & Objectives
The aims of the Visual Arts curriculum are to enable students to:
- enrich their aesthetics and arts experience;
- strengthen their abilities to appreciate and create various forms of visual arts work aesthetically and critically;
- develop perceptual abilities, generic skills, multiple perspectives and metacognition through autonomous and open-ended processes of enquiry in art learning;
- enhance cultural and cross-cultural understanding through exploration of the arts of diverse cultures;
- cultivate personal refinement, positive values and attitudes, self-identity and a sense of commitment towards the community, the nation and the world; and
- acquire a foundation for pursuing education and career opportunities in the art and creative industries.
Curriculum (Junior Form)
- Select appropriate visual arts knowledge, skills and processes to communicate ideas and feelings in understanding and making the visual arts;
- Visualize a theme in a medium and criticize the work from an aesthetic perspective;
- Explore and apply skills and knowledge of traditional and emerging technology in visual communication; and
- Employ knowledge and skills of visual arts and other art forms or disciplines in visual arts activities.
Curriculum (Senior Form)
1. Visual Presentation of a Theme
Part A: Art appreciation and criticism
- Write a critical appreciation of the reproductions of artwork provided
Part B: Visual arts creation
- Create a piece of artwork to present a theme and present an art work statement (about 50 words) in response to the relationship between the practical work and the appreciation of the artwork. The practical work and the artwork statement will be assessed as a whole.
Part A: Design appreciation and criticism
- Write a critical appreciation of the reproductions of the design provided.
Part B: Design
- Solve design problem(s) and present a design work statement (about 50 words) in response to the relationship between the practical work and the appreciation of the artwork. The practical work and the design statement will be assessed as a whole.
Arts Club Activity – DIY classes
A “Galaxy Glaze Vase” making class.