Aims & Objectives
- Develop creativity and nurture aesthetic sensitivity;
- Further develop students' musical competence;
- Construct knowledge and understanding of diverse music cultures;
- Develop critical responses to music, and communicate effectively through music;
- Build a foundation for pursuing further studies in music and preparing for careers in music and related areas; and
- Cultivate a lifelong interest in music and develop positive values and attitudes towards music.
Curriculum (Junior Form)
- Ability to read a music score
- Sightsinging Technique
- Music score notation
- Basic music history
- Cantonese lyrics writing
- Concert flyer design
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Performing and Theatre
- Art Administration
- Ensemble Performance
2018 Music and Dance Night
The Dance Team, Senior Choir, Junior Choir, Wind Band, Orchestra and the Woodwind Ensemble performed on 16th July 2018, with the Choir, Wind Band and Orchestra from Wa Ying College.
2018 Taipei International Choral Competition
Our choir members took part in the 3 categories of the competitions and obtained 3 Silver Awards in the 1st Taipei International Choral Competition from 31/7/2018 to 4/8/2018.
Choir Concert with the British School in Tokyo
The choir from the British School in Tokyo came to Hong Kong and performed a joint choir concert with our Senior Choirs on 1st July, 2018 at Chai Wan Y-Square
HKSKH 20th Anniversary Celebration Concert
Our choir and several Orchestra students were invited to perform at the HKSKH 20th Anniversary Celebration Concert
String Quartet Masterclass
Our String Quartet was invited by Le French May and the EDB to participate in a String Quartet Masterclass taught by Quatuor Zaide in May 2018
Hong Kong Inter-School Choral Festival
The Senior Girls’ Choir obtained a Gold Award from the Hong Kong Inter-School Choral Festival.