Aims & Objectives
- Provides students with a body of essential knowledge, concepts and applications of information, communication and computer systems;
- Equip students with problem-solving and communications skills, and encourage them to think critically and creatively;
- Develop students into competent, effective, discriminating, ethical and confident users of ICT, so as to support their lifelong learning;
- Provide students with opportunities to appreciate the impact of ICT on our knowledge-based society, so as to nurture in them positive values and attitudes towards this area.
Curriculum (Junior Form)
- Word Processing
- Coding by Scratch
- App Development by App Inventor
- Physical computing by Micro:Bit
- 3D Printing and Modelling
- English and Chinese Typing
- Digital literacy and Citizenship
Curriculum (Senior Form)
A. Information Processing
a. Introduction to Information Processing
b. Data Organisation and Data Control
c. Data Representation
d. The Use of Office Automation Software
e. Presentation of Information
B. Computer System Fundamentals
a. Basic Machine Organisation
b. System Software
c. Computer Systems
C. Internet and its Applications
a. The Networking and Internet Basics
b. Internet Services and Applications
c. Elementary Web Authoring
D. Basic Programming Concepts
a. Problem-Solving Procedures
b. Algorithm Design
c. Algorithm Testing
E. Social Implications
a. Equity of Access
b. Work and Health Issues
c. Intellectual Property
d. Threats and Security on the Internet
B. Data Communications and Networking
a. Data Communications and Networking Basics
b. Network Design and Implementation
c. Network Management and Security
C. Multimedia Production and Web Site Development
a. Multimedia Production
b. Web Site Development
[email protected] Exhibition
ICT students used desktop publishing skills learnt in ICT class to create leaflets regarding restaurant recommendations in Kowloon City.
Service Learning: Parent App Rollout
ICT students installed Parent App for parents.
VR Workshop By Net Dragon
Organized by Net Dragon, a market leader in VR, students got a taste of the VR technology by having hands-on workshops.
STEM Apps Contest
ICT students developed Apps using raptor, then a fair was held showcasing their products to junior form students.
Calculator Programming Course
A two-day course was conducted for F.3 students about computer programming.
Service Learning: Testing the Newly Relocated Computer Room
ICT students conducted service by applying the network knowledge they learnt in the formal curriculum.