- School Profile
- Learning & Teaching
- School Life
- Students' Work
- Photo Albums
|ii. Academic result and rank order (provided by the EDB)||60%|
|iii. Conduct# / extra-curricular activities/ awards / prizes / outstanding achievements||10%|
Application for Secondary One Discretionary Places (2019-20 Academic Year)
[A] Application Procedure
1. Application forms are available from 8th December 2018 to 17th January 2019
2. Application forms can be obtained via one of the following ways:
i. In person
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & School holidays : 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
(School is closed on Sundays and all public holidays.)
3. Please submit the application form to the General Office in person, from 3rd January 2019 to 17th January 2019 (both dates inclusive) during office hours, together with the following documents:
i. The School’s Copy, the EDB’s Copy and the Parent’s Copy of the ‘Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place’ issued by the EDB
ii. Original copy of the applicant’s identity document (e.g. birth certificate / identity card / passport) for verification
iii. Photocopies of P4, P5 & P6 school reports^
iv. Photocopies of certificates of prizes and awards* (original copies are not necessary and will not be accepted)
v. A self-addressed stamped envelope (at least $ 2.00) of a size not larger than 165 mm x 245 mm, with student’s name printed on it
^ Copies of P6 exam results should reach the school on or before 17th January 2019 by hand or by mail if they are not ready on the day of submission. Please write the applicant’s name, student reference number and application number (to be provided by the school after the submission of application forms) on the top right-hand corner of the documents.
* Please use A4 size paper for photocopies. The documents submitted will not be returned. Applicants are not required to submit any recommendation letters. Please ensure that the school returns the stamped Parent’s Copy of the Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place and the “Identification Slip for Interview” after submission.
Note: Applicants participating in the Secondary School Places for Allocation System may apply to not more than two secondary schools participating in the SSPA system.
[B] Number of Discretionary Places
Our School offers 50 discretionary places.
[C] Selection Procedures
1. All eligible applicants will be invited for the first interview on 9th March 2019. This is an individual interview conducted in both Cantonese and English. Students’ abilities such as their command of Chinese and English, comprehension and presentation skills, etc. will be assessed. For details please refer to the invitation letter.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for a second interview scheduled on 23rd March 2019. Students' abilities, such as their command in Chinese and English, communication skills, presentation, organization and analytical skills, as well as social awareness will be assessed. For details please refer to the invitation letter.
[D] Selection Criteria and Weighting
# The conduct grade must be B or above.
[E] Release of Results
The results of S1 Discretionary Places will be released on 9th July 2019 together with the Central Allocation results. Parents need not make any enquiries before the announcement of the results.
Note: The information collected will be used for the purpose of processing S1 Discretionary Places applications only.